What courses and university should I consider for becoming a neurosurgeon?

  • Topic: Courses 
  • Thread starter Thread starter amenon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Courses
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
amenon
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I am planing to be a neurosurgeon and I was wondering what courses should I consider taking in high school besides Biology. I was also wondering what university is the best for this interest.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Great goal, amenon. Take all the honors classes you can, and ace them. That will be a good start.
 
Good for you! Work hard and keep the grades up. There are many good places you could go for your undergrad, but I recommend UCSD in the US for your future grad school:
http://neurograd.ucsd.edu/
They have an excellent reputation:
Recently, our graduate program was named by the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences as the top ranking neuroscience graduate program in the country.