Should I Consider Taking AP Chemistry for a Future in Paleontology or Biology?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
chez_butt23
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
I am a junior in high school with a 4.1 GPA. I am seriously considering either paleontology or some kind of biology as a major in college. I have read that as a future science major, I should take as many science courses as possible in high school.

I know I will need to use chemistry in either of the majors listed above, and I am wondering if I should take AP chemistry. My reservations are that I do not know if the teacher is any good and I have heard that the AP Chem test is the hardest of all the AP tests. I also do not truly enjoy chemistry, but am willing to suffer through it for other sciences.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I am self-studying AP Chem this year. If you decide to do it, I strongly recommend Linus Pauling's book "General Chemistry". It covers tons of stuff that is definitely not on the exam and is a bit out of date, but the quality is simply superb.