What Determines the Direction of Potential Gradient?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Yosty22
Messages
182
Reaction score
4

Homework Statement



Attached.

Homework Equations



E=-∇V

The Attempt at a Solution



I think that the answer is C because it goes in the direction opposite the electric field and crosses through the most equipotential surfaces. Any confirmation or denial would be great.
Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • Gradient Question.jpg
    Gradient Question.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 532
Physics news on Phys.org
Just in case it is hard to look at, I rotated the attachment to make it easier.
 

Attachments

  • Gradient Question.jpg
    Gradient Question.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 531
Yosty22 said:

Homework Statement



Attached.


I think that the answer is C because it goes in the direction opposite the electric field and crosses through the most equipotential surfaces. Any confirmation or denial would be great.
Thank you.

Yes, it is C.


ehild