What did you get for Christmas this year?

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
A kidney stone, surgically removed. :bugeye:

Rhody...
You know, most people get coal when they've been bad. You must have been terrible.

I got a new bike. (top one) :biggrin:

4rql9d.jpg

berkeman
Mentor
I got a new bike. (top one) :biggrin:
It's so clean and shiny! What you doing to do about that? :biggrin: :devil: :biggrin:

turbo
Gold Member
It's so clean and shiny! What you doing to do about that? :biggrin: :devil: :biggrin:
I have a few miles of trails on my property. They are steep and hilly and ridden with spring-holes. We have mud. Come on up.

I've been waiting for things to either dry up or freeze. Its been way to muddy lately. : (

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A kidney stone, surgically removed. :bugeye:

Rhody...
Cool. Relief. :cool:

I got an Acer Iconia A501 from my parents, they also helped pay for half of the lift I put in my Jeep. I asked for socks probably a month or more beforehand, and totally forgot that I'd asked, and was pleasantly surprised when I got a box full of new socks. Also got a SOG folding knife from my brother and nephews, and a few gift cards from other family members. Was a good a good Christmas indeed, even though there was no snow for the first time I can ever remember.

turbo
Gold Member
My wife told me that when she got her yearly bonus that she would buy me a laptop. Instead, the window-replacement guys showed up today and we are going to get replacements for the two drafty storm-windows that remain in this log house. The windows are cheaper, and will save us money in the long run. A new laptop wouldn't.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
A late gift from my nephew. He must figure I've got him listed for something in my will, because at 180,000 Scoville units, I think he's trying to kill me!

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/carolinasauce_2190_3255718

rhody
Gold Member
A late gift from my nephew. He must figure I've got him listed for something in my will, because at 180,000 Scoville units, I think he's trying to kill me!

Sorry Ivan,

Turbo and Astro especially wouldn't even begin to sweat with that stuff, the ghosts are around 1,000,000 scoville and my trinidad scorpions I am growing are around 1,400,000. That stuff is a nice way to break yourself into the hotter stuff. I know many from the far east who don't flinch after eating one of my peppers, but it has taken them a lifetime of building a tolerance to do it. Good luck and report back when you try it.

Rhody... :wink:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sorry Ivan,

Turbo and Astro especially wouldn't even begin to sweat with that stuff, the ghosts are around 1,000,000 scoville and my trinidad scorpions I am growing are around 1,400,000. That stuff is a nice way to break yourself into the hotter stuff. I know many from the far east who don't flinch after eating one of my peppers, but it has taken them a lifetime of building a tolerance to do it. Good luck and report back when you try it.

You have heard of capsasin abuse, right? :biggrin:

It really isn't good for you to eat stuff that hot. The tolerance of which you speak is the death of the receptors. I used to push the limit but now refrain from anything that gets painful.

I've tried that insanity sauce before and I hated it. Its like fire in a bottle. Gave me a stomach ache for two days and I only had a few drops on a burrito.

Sorry Ivan,

A website claims blair's ultra death sauce is 1,100,000. Some others said it is around 750,000-800,000. I had like 2 or so of that this year. I also had few other blair's mega and such.

Here's a review for insanity

and here's blair ultra:

It seems like insanity is about as hot as habanero. Habanero's quite enjoyable to have with dinner/lunch/breakfast :!!)

Last edited by a moderator: