Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What did you get for your parent's birthday?

1. Jan 28, 2006 #1

What did you get?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2006 #2

Gold Member

what could be better than 'ME'?
  4. Jan 28, 2006 #3
    I gave my parents a night out at one of there favorit hotels last year. Dads turning 80 this year, and told us he wants nothing for his Birthday. So I'm buying him a 80 dollar Gas card ..for his car.
  5. Jan 28, 2006 #4

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I gave my dad a night time picture of the Earth's lights. The picture is a compilation of several pictures from a DSMP weather satellite.

I used to control DMSP satellites, so I had given him a 8x10 black and white night time photo of the US about 20 years ago and last time I visited, I noticed he still had it on the wall. I decided a bigger, more up to date photo might be nice.
  6. Jan 28, 2006 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So, you're giving your dad gas for his birthday? :rofl: I'm sure he loves you anyway. :biggrin:

Mine are lucky when I remember to mail them a card. Sometimes I surprise them with a phone call...but I wait until it's later at night so they're tired of talking to everyone else all day first; it keeps the call shorter.
  7. Jan 28, 2006 #6
  8. Jan 29, 2006 #7

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just got my mum an address book with the usual columns for name, address, phone number, and then a series of tick boxes where you can note whether they're 'good', 'bad' or 'ugly'. Smashing.
  9. Jan 29, 2006 #8

Gold Member

wow. compact and everything
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?