What did you get for your parent's birthday?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mk
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 4K views
Mk
Messages
2,040
Reaction score
4
What did you get?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I gave my parents a night out at one of there favorit hotels last year. Dads turning 80 this year, and told us he wants nothing for his Birthday. So I'm buying him a 80 dollar Gas card ..for his car.
 
I gave my dad a night time picture of the Earth's lights. The picture is a compilation of several pictures from a DSMP weather satellite.

I used to control DMSP satellites, so I had given him a 8x10 black and white night time photo of the US about 20 years ago and last time I visited, I noticed he still had it on the wall. I decided a bigger, more up to date photo might be nice.
 
hypatia said:
I gave my parents a night out at one of there favorit hotels last year. Dads turning 80 this year, and told us he wants nothing for his Birthday. So I'm buying him a 80 dollar Gas card ..for his car.
So, you're giving your dad gas for his birthday? :smile: I'm sure he loves you anyway. :biggrin:

Mine are lucky when I remember to mail them a card. Sometimes I surprise them with a phone call...but I wait until it's later at night so they're tired of talking to everyone else all day first; it keeps the call shorter.
 
I just got my mum an address book with the usual columns for name, address, phone number, and then a series of tick boxes where you can note whether they're 'good', 'bad' or 'ugly'. Smashing.