What did you want to be when you grew up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Career
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 9K views
I was never sure what I wanted to be, until I got my first science kit. I think it was a mineral testing kit, because I put on a lab coat and walked around the base and took little samples of every rock I encountered.
In the 4th grade we were given tests, for the girls the out come was grim, with our only options being a nurse and/or a dental asst, office or homemaker!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ooh, I wanted to be many things. A swimmer, an athlete, a vet, an engineer, a philosopher... I couldn't stand the idea of operating on cute furry animals, and I have the worst hand-eye co-ordination in the cosmos, so I did none-of-the-above. I plan on disappearing into obscurity.
 
My poor cousin couldn't decide between sanitation engineer or brain surgeon. He ended up pin-striping cars. :smile: