What do circular and radial fibres in the eye lens do?

  • Topic: Medical 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ali Inam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Eye Lens Structure
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Ali Inam
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
I just studied the structure of the lens of the eye. And I found out that there are two type of fibres present, which were the Circular Fibres and the Radial Fibres.

Can anyone please tell me what is the purpose or function of these two fibres ? Or simply they are just fibres which are covering up the eye lens ? !

Thanks ! *
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Our lens is flexible and is able to focus. I can imagine that the 2 types of fiber aid in shaping and changing the shape of the lens.
 
You mean that if the lens contracts or change its position in order to focus, then these fibres help ?