What do the S and A letters mean in the Physics Forums logo?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chris Hillman
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Messages
2,355
Reaction score
10
In the "Physics Forums" logo, what is the significance of the small white "S" inside the large blue "P" and the small white "A" inside the large green "F"?

This mystery has been eating away at me for some time...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks! I never thought of that (maybe because my presence at PF hardly overlapped with his, but I've been impressed by some of his posts from years ago which I happened across.)
 
SA's last post was on 12/02/06 and then he took off for vacation with family.
 
And that was the up-side; he was with his family. His extended family here takes comfort in that.