What do you call a device that assigns IP addresses to USB ports?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Twigg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Device Usb
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 1K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
893
Reaction score
483
I remember having a device in a previous job that you could plug into your TCP/IP network, and would allow you to communicate with several connected serial ports as if they were TCP/IP ports with their own addresses. (I know you could do this with a computer, but there was also a purpose-made product for this.) I want to say it was called a "serial router" or something.

Does anyone know if there's an equivalent product for routing USB ports to a TCP/IP network? Googling "usb router" was really unhelpful lol.
Thanks in advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org