What do you never leave home without ?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
wolram
Gold Member
I all ways take polo mints, a mobile phone, (though i never use it) it is for
emergencies, and some small change, for vending machines, oh and a credit card if i am going shopping.

Answers and Replies

dav2008
Gold Member
Keys, wallet, phone.

Evo
Mentor
can opener, kleenex, pen, post it notes, aspirin, allergy medicine, medical insurance card, comb, perfume, makeup, lip gloss, breath mints, debit card, credit card, driver's license, cell phone, umbrella (fits in my purse), keys

In other words, just the essentials. :biggrin:

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Keys, wallet.

car and house keys, ipod, debit card, drivers license, money

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Keys, driver's license (even if I'm not driving, I carry it as ID), some cash, and an ATM card or credit card. Everything else is optional depending on conditions (I must have sunglasses in daylight, I usually take my cell phone but have forgotten it plenty too, sometimes said items are carried in my purse, sometimes in a pocket, longer trips mean more stuff goes with me, etc.)

My European Carry-all.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
Evo said:
can opener, kleenex, pen, post it notes, aspirin, allergy medicine, medical insurance card, comb, perfume, makeup, lip gloss, breath mints, debit card, credit card, driver's license, cell phone, umbrella (fits in my purse), keys

Ok McGeyver.

I bring my cell phone, wallet, sexiness, and maybe some coins.

wolram
Gold Member
Evo said:

A can opener :surprised like you get hungry and nip into a shop for a can of
baked beans, :yuck: not nice cold, no, i am mystified.

wolram
Gold Member
scorpa said:
car and house keys, ipod, debit card, drivers license, money
What is an (ipod) ?

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Evo said:
Where can I get an umbrella that fits in my purse?

wolram said:
What is an (ipod) ?

Mp3 player....made by apple, holds 4GB.

wolram
Gold Member
In the uk a purse is equivalent to a mans wallet, but in the us i think it is
a handbag, right ? i remember once when mom emptied her handbag, heck
i am sure it was a tardis.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Math Is Hard said:
Where can I get an umbrella that fits in my purse?
Totes makes one that's very compact. You can find it in most department stores (though I got my much cheaper at an outlet store). It's really convenient for those days when it looks like it might rain, but you aren't sure, and really don't want to carry an umbrella around all day. It has a nice cover too, so you don't get everything wet with it. You need a slightly bigger purse than I carry though. :frown: It fit in my old one, but not my current one.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
wolram said:
In the uk a purse is equivalent to a mans wallet, but in the us i think it is
a handbag, right ? i remember once when mom emptied her handbag, heck
i am sure it was a tardis.
Yes, it's a handbag. In the US, a handbag means a particular style...one with a short handle to carry by hand. Purse is more generic, and would include ones with longer straps to carry over your shoulder, etc. It can also refer to a coin purse or change purse, which is just a small pouch with a clasp or zipper that's meant for carrying coins (I don't think anyone uses those anymore though...I haven't seen anyone other than my grandmother use one in probably a decade).

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Moonbear said:
Totes makes one that's very compact. You can find it in most department stores (though I got my much cheaper at an outlet store). It's really convenient for those days when it looks like it might rain, but you aren't sure, and really don't want to carry an umbrella around all day. It has a nice cover too, so you don't get everything wet with it. You need a slightly bigger purse than I carry though. :frown: It fit in my old one, but not my current one.
Thanks, MB. I really need one of these. The weather here can be so unpredictable in Spring.

And, yeah, Wolly, I think I mean a "handbag" in your vernacular. Although, I sometimes carry a purse/handbag (for my personal items), a tote (for my books) and a satchel(for my laptop) these days. whew!

Wallet, Phone, and don't forget your Jimmy hats :smile:

wolram
Gold Member
I think all the older generation woman still carry purses in uk, even some
older men do to, though thay are different, a mans is just a single pouch
whereas womans have multi compartments, it is so much fun standing next to them in a shop as they go through every compartment lookin for that
1p.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
wolram said:
it is so much fun standing next to them in a shop as they go through every compartment lookin for that
1p.
I sympathize. Sometimes I think it would take Indiana Jones to find that lipstick buried in my handbag! :rofl: I must un-complicate my life!

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
You know those dreams where you show up at work or school naked?

In the past when I ran for days at a time on hardly any sleep, at times, when really tired I would try to make a special effort to be sure that I have my clothes on before I leave the house.

Rach3
USB flash drive,
memo pad,
collection of pens,
additional pens in case those all fail,
spare socks in case of rain,
keys,
wallet.

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
You know those dreams where you show up at work or school naked?

In the past when I ran for days at a time on hardly any sleep, at times, when really tired I would try to make a special effort to be sure that I have my clothes on before I leave the house.
There was one place I worked where a programmer sometimes forgot his pants. :bugeye: He remembered the boxers, though, thank goodness!

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I never leave home without

forgetting something.

A pen, pencil, eraser, tissue, cell phone, wallet, few pieces of paper, and my usb flash drive. At any given time of the day, I have all of those in my pockets of my pants. :)

ehh, i just finished playing the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy, so i guess now i'll always take a towel with me :tongue2:

ehh... the only thing i -always- take are my keys... dont want to get locked outside the apartment now do i?
usually i take the cellphone too, and my wallet.