What do you never leave home without ?

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • #51
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,213
176
Leatherman - another fine Oregon product. :cool:
 
  • #52
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
arildno said:
I never carry a handkerchief in my back pocket. Neither red, yellow, green or blue.
I guess you are one of those that tote a loo roll about, so uncool these days
:smile:
 
  • #53
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Moonbear said:
I have a small tool similar to a leatherman that I used to carry all the time, and it really came in handy. But, I stopped carrying it when I started traveling a lot...I nearly forgot to take it out of my purse a few times when heading to the airport. I guess the rules have changed again that I probably could take it onto a plane and not worry about it again, but now I don't know where it is. :frown: I need to get a new one, because it's really useful.
References? i have never seen in the literature that a small tool is of any use
has this been falsified ?
 
  • #54
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
9,622
6
wolram said:
References? i have never seen in the literature that a small tool is of any use
has this been falsified ?
Thats right, you need a BIG tool :biggrin:

~H
 
  • #55
1
0
A Jung book, 2 astronomy magazines (or whatever is current) my michio kaku book (just got it), my sketch book, 20 pens, 3 or more mechanical pencils one eraser, tape, exacto knife, my journal, diet journal, my divorce papers, keys, radio face plate, mobile phone, wallet, markers, other pens, random papers, ibuprophine (or however you spell it) its a large bottle, ipod (sometimes), fashion magazine, and much more but i dont remember whats in my purse though it weighs like crazy!
 
  • #56
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
1,789
10
Ivan Seeking said:
Leatherman - another fine Oregon product. :cool:
I worked at the Jantzen Beach REI about 15 years ago and I met Mr. Leatherman himself. I didn't know before then that that was the guy's name. It's nothing to do with the tool being used for working leather.
 
  • #57
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
kokoro said:
A Jung book, 2 astronomy magazines (or whatever is current) my michio kaku book (just got it), my sketch book, 20 pens, 3 or more mechanical pencils one eraser, tape, exacto knife, my journal, diet journal, my divorce papers, keys, radio face plate, mobile phone, wallet, markers, other pens, random papers, ibuprophine (or however you spell it) its a large bottle, ipod (sometimes), fashion magazine, and much more but i dont remember whats in my purse though it weighs like crazy!
Gordon benit, you must built like a football player , or have a cart to carry that lot every where :smile:
 
  • #58
1
0
wolram said:
Gordon benit, you must built like a football player , or have a cart to carry that lot every where :smile:
LOL! naw i just cant be with out it incase of bordum and sudden inspiration!
 
  • #59
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
kokoro said:
LOL! naw i just cant be with out it incase of bordum and sudden inspiration!
May i suggest one addition to your load, you probably would not even notice
the extra weight, but the encyclopedia britannica comes in very handy :rofl:
 
  • #60
658
2
Moonbear said:
Yes, it's a handbag. In the US, a handbag means a particular style...one with a short handle to carry by hand. Purse is more generic, and would include ones with longer straps to carry over your shoulder, etc. It can also refer to a coin purse or change purse, which is just a small pouch with a clasp or zipper that's meant for carrying coins (I don't think anyone uses those anymore though...I haven't seen anyone other than my grandmother use one in probably a decade).
for the record, i use change purses. one for just quarters (which i save for laundry) and another with all the other coins. i don't like them floating around in my purse, and being thrifty, i don't risk losing them.
 
  • #61
turbo
Gold Member
3,077
45
Always have keys, Leatherman Micra, Fisher space pen, 10x loupe, small tape measure, folding box cutter, wallet, comb and guitar picks.

Evo, here is the Leatherman tool for you - it is really handy:

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LMICRA [Broken]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #62
J77
1,076
1
My marbles :smile:
 
  • #63
wolram
Gold Member
4,267
557
Gale said:
for the record, i use change purses. one for just quarters (which i save for laundry) and another with all the other coins. i don't like them floating around in my purse, and being thrifty, i don't risk losing them.
I wish i had some one to look after my pennies, i would propose but i see you are all ready engaged :grumpy:
 
  • #64
537
0
clothes for one. My glasses certainly help things move along nicely as well.
 
  • #65
Pyrrhus
Homework Helper
2,178
1
dav2008 said:
Keys, wallet, phone.
same, except sometimes add the iPod.
 

Related Threads on What do you never leave home without ?

Replies
7
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
3
Views
651
  • Last Post
Replies
14
Views
3K
Replies
19
Views
2K
Replies
11
Views
6K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
47
Views
5K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
34
Views
4K
Replies
17
Views
3K
Replies
21
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
19
Views
2K
Top