What do you think of the Canadians on PF?

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation explores the topic of the differences between Americans and Canadians, and how that can lead to feelings of animosity. The original speaker expresses mild animosity towards most Canadians, but also acknowledges that there are exceptions. The conversation then delves into the definition of "Asian-style" and what it means to be Canadian or American. It is suggested that the animosity may stem from personal perspectives rather than cultural differences. The conversation ends with a plea to unite as humans and not judge others based on their nationality.

How do you feel about Canadians on PF

• They're awsome

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • They suck

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • No strong opinion

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • What's a Canadian?

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Smurf said:
That's such bullcrap.
American profanity is better too. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Dagenais said:
We know that Western Canadians, Ontarians, Maratimers, Conservatives and Leafs fans don't like us. It's not secret, it's called jealousy. We're smarter than them, not to mention better looking. :rolleyes:
As you can see honestrosewater, you're typical quebecois is a pathological liar with a megalomania disorder. Recent studies suggest these are a result of speaking psuedo-french and being Montreal fans.
Yeah, cause this place is just running rampant with those damn Quebecois kids!
:grumpy:
There are at least 2 others besides you and Danger that I knew of, neither of them post any more.

Dagenais said:
Yeah, cause this place is just running rampant with those damn Quebecois kids!
:grumpy:

There used to be three of us. Wonder were thunderfvck went?
:wink:

honestrosewater said:
American profanity is better too. :biggrin:
tart the message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen it to at least 10 characters.

Smurf - Jackass
Danger - Cool
Most of the other Canadians here - Jackasses
Some of the other Canadians here - Cool

Kind of depends, generally though I think most Canadians online are jackasses, but that does not mean all!

I think the Canadians on PF are mostly condescending, cynical, and try way too hard to sound cool.

loseyourname said:
I think the Canadians on PF are mostly condescending, cynical, and try way too hard to sound cool.

as does everyone else here who takes jabs at other cultures... it's not a Canadian thing... perhaps it's a Smurf thing (i haven't been around that long, but he doesn't represent all of Canada)...

let's remove barriers, tackle issues, question authority, and seek understanding.

Everyone be nice!

No being mean to people or Canadians. I mean, Canadians are people too.

Nevermind. Just be nice. :devil:

No being mean to people or Canadians.

Except for Leafs fans.

outsider said:
let's remove barriers, tackle issues, question authority, and seek understanding.

screw that, i feel we should all stick to laughing at australians and I am sure everyone on this forum would agree with me

Dagenais said:
Except for Leafs fans.
Yeah, leaf fans are always fair game.

Smurf, what motivated you to start this thread in the first place? I don't have any feelings one way or another because I don't take nationality into consideration when deciding who I like and don't like around here (and you really have to try hard for me to not like you). I do enjoy visiting Canada...as long as it's summertime! :biggrin:

what is the point of this thread? Canada is awsome and you know it. it's fun to joke about other countries, but some here seem to be making actual stabs at us. Canadians are condescending? what the heck is that all about. Americans are just angry because they are the super power but still rank crap on the list of worlds best countries compared to Canada where we are about the least super power of them all.

PS. Canada rules :)

Pengwuino said:
screw that, i feel we should all stick to laughing at australians and I am sure everyone on this forum would agree with me

as per before.. i couldn't agree more... :rofl:

What's a leafs fan?

Canada is what I would refer to as an 'ameteur country'

don't hurt me

Canadians are american deserters of the revolution and a bunch of british butt kissers. Not to mention they are smelly and like hockey. They're lucky they got that iceberg of a country.

U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!

Last edited:
dduardo said:
Canadians are american deserters of the revolution and a bunch of british butt kissers. Not to mention they are smelly and like hockey. They're lucky they got that iceberg of a country.

U.S.A! U.S.A! U.S.A!
Ticking off the neighbors again, eh? :rofl:

Are all the forums on the upper levels so slow because everyone is partying in the basement until school starts again?

LeonhardEuler said:
What's a leafs fan?

the leafs is the short version of the Toronto Maple Leafs, a NHL team.

dduardo said:
Canadians are american deserters of the revolution and a bunch of british butt kissers.

Not all Canadian have british ancestry. Some american revoltionnaire move to Canada during the early 1800's. The Canadian west was populated with immigrants, a large number from easter europe mostly the ukraine.

I think you should go back to your history book :wink:

yomamma said:
Canada is what I would refer to as an 'ameteur country'

don't hurt me
:rofl: :rofl: ummm yommamma.. it's spelled 'amateur'

Can't forget the French either. The US got the French deserters...our Cajuns were their Acadians (say Acadian with a really severe Southern drawl and you'll pick up how the names are related).

Smurf said:
:rofl: :rofl: ummm yommamma.. it's spelled 'amateur'
well I'll remind myself never to use MSN.com again

LeonhardEuler said:
What's a leafs fan?
Toronto Maple Leafs, havn't made it to the finals in half a decade.

Physics is Phun said:
Americans are just angry because they are the super power but still rank crap on the list of worlds best countries compared to Canada where we are about the least super power of them all.
Actually Canada is considered a 'middle power' and is in G8, we're not that weak.

iansmith, I'm glad the Canadian government is teaching their citizens what "really happened."

I clean my behind with your Maple Leafs.

Man, this thread is going down hill :rofl:

Canadians are american deserters of the revolution and a bunch of british butt kissers

Maybe those from B.C. and Ontario.

Not the Quebecois. We think nothing of the British.

Toronto Maple Leafs, havn't made it to the finals in half a decade.

Plus, their fans suck.

dduardo said:
I clean my behind with your Maple Leafs.
We do that too. HEY! YOU'RE BECOMING A CANADIAN TOO! YAY FOR DDUARDO!

Dagenais said:
Plus, their fans suck.
And they breed like rabbits.

Physics is Phun said:
Americans are just angry because they are the super power but still rank crap on the list of worlds best countries compared to Canada where we are about the least super power of them all.

I didnt know there was a list that goes "Heres the Top 10 BEST countries in the world!" Ok, so you guys get a lot of snow and i hear the gambling laws are rather lax... but that doesn't give you the right to be stuck-up.

at least we admit that everyone hates us...

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

what's your point?

Smurf said:
what's your point?

It's a stupid song :rofl:

Smurf said:
Actually Canada is considered a 'middle power' and is in G8, we're not that weak.

this is a relative statement as the world is mostly poor... and it is the struggle for power that creates problems worldwide.

Scenerio: there is a door on the north end of a room where 20 people sit at the south end of the room in rows of 2. Survival is outside the north door. Based on what you know about yourself and the human condition:

What happens when there is only room for 19 people on the otherside?
What happens when there is only room for 10 people?
What happens when there is only room for 1?

and What happens if there is room for EVERYONE?

on top of that, don't show off your ninth place ribbons - reference: "meet the fockers" :tongue:

Moonbear said:
Can't forget the French either. The US got the French deserters...our Cajuns were their Acadians (say Acadian with a really severe Southern drawl and you'll pick up how the names are related).

The acadian are not deserters, they were deported by the bristish because they did not want to pledge an oath of allegiance to the Crown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Expulsion