What Engaging Models Can You Showcase in a Presentation on Nikola Tesla?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 5K views
LadiesMan
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
1. The problem is that I have to create a two-minute presentation on Nikola Tesla and I'm not sure what I can show that is of interest (i.e. model, etc.)

I've tried making powerpoints but I have found that they aren't as interesting as models etc.

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
you can show his age compaird to other men at that time. Or amount of significant discoveries compared to einstein. Or even show how his electric stuff works.
 
that just proves that tesla was older than einstein??
 
Or show how his elctical stuff works in a diagram.

Or show his discoveries in a bar graph compared to Einstein.

Read my post completely. lol
 
LadiesMan said:
that just proves that tesla was older than einstein??
Apparently, you have not even done the most basic research on Tesla and his work. Google on Tesla and you will find enough to keep you occupied for hours. Why did George Westinghouse hire him? Why did Edison not pay Tesla for his work on Edison's DC systems? Why might AC have an advantage over DC when power transmission occurs over long distances?
 
Heh. No problem. I think Turbo is more educated about Tesla than I am though.
 
To quote one biography
In the best tradition of mad scientists, Nikola Tesla had his less than rational moments. To be blunt, Nik's cheese quite often escaped his cracker.

Totally incapable of understanding even basic finances, this was also a man with a germ phobia of which Howard Hughes would have been proud. Tesla believed extraterrestrials had contacted him in Colorado Springs. He suffered from hallucinations, night tremors, and a terrified loathing of women wearing earrings.
 
Reading Tesla's patents, should produce enough material to fill at least a couple of hours of interesting presentation.
Its sad that he is so little known.