What happened during the Carling Cup final?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, a reminder was given for a chat that was planned to start at 10am. However, the room was opened early at 9am for those who wanted to try voice chats using the Team Speak client. The link to download the client was provided, along with instructions for joining the public server. The chat started at 10am in central time, causing some confusion for those in different time zones. Eventually, the chat started with a riddle from user Hurkyl, which was solved by user Kurdt. Some users also discussed ways to cure hiccups. One user had trouble joining the chat and had to reboot their computer.
RonL said:
Danger you missed a GOLDEN opportunity today, the conversation was mostly over my head (generation gap) but you would have had a wide range of material for some of your off the wall humor

You didnt send me a private message in the room did you RonL?

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
I tried to join the chat, but it didn't work. :frown:
Since I've never been to a chat, I wasn't sure what to do. I tried just typing an answer like I do here, but it only let me get a couple of words and then locked up. When I tried to enter the limited answer that I had, it said that it couldn't display the page and the whole computer froze. I had to reboot just to log out.

Its all nicky nichols's fault. Keeps on entering and leaving the room. It makes my chat session unresponsive for some time. If it happens too much my browser locks up.

Cyrus said:
You didnt send me a private message in the room did you RonL?

For sure not on purpose:rolleyes:I don't think i know how to move around in the chat room very well. I did download the software, that let's anyone talk live, but could not find the website, or forum that had a room where i would use the password Physics.
Maybe next week will prove successful.:smile:

Maybe it was someone else. Some guy asked me if my major was physics, and I said 'no', and then he asked me if it was math or something else. It was annoying, and I ignored him. He called me rude. Hah...

Who ever it was, just ask in the main chat next time, please.

Cyrus said:
Maybe it was someone else. Some guy asked me if my major was physics, and I said 'no', and then he asked me if it was math or something else. It was annoying, and I ignored him. He called me rude. Hah...

Who ever it was, just ask in the main chat next time, please.
Roger was pm'ng everyone, that's probably who it was.

I think your right!

I gave him one word answers to his questions until he got a hint.

Heh, I ignored him completely, because his PMs kept popping up while I was in the middle of typing a reply to someone else and would get in the way. None of the questions were anything he couldn't have asked publicly, and none really worth answering, so I didn't worry about it.

Evo said:
Some people have had trouble. Make sure you are using the latest version of flash.

I don't have any version of flash, so that might explain it. Anyhow, it really is too fast a pace for me. I'll stick with regular posting.

chat today ?

Yeh, marlon I would think that Greg will start a new thread a bit later. I don't even know if America are up yet its still quite early...

In 2 or 3 hrs depending on Greg's schedule. Usually, it starts at 1000 Central Time (Chicago, US).

39 minutes guys/gals!

I hope Science chat hasa few more people in there.

Click http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/" to find out what time PF chat opens for you.

10:00 United States

16:00 London

Last edited by a moderator:
I started getting nervous Greg, the PF Chat #4 hadn't been set up so I thought there might be a weeks gap. I know you follow the premiership, did you see Eduardo's broken leg incident?

_Mayday_ said:
I started getting nervous Greg, the PF Chat #4 hadn't been set up so I thought there might be a weeks gap. I know you follow the premiership, did you see Eduardo's broken leg incident?

yeah I saw it on youtube. that was hard to watch. about as bad as when Man U's Smith broke his leg last year. Taylor should get a season suspension.

Greg, I got it up on sky plus got the whole family in there and showed them in slow motion. It looks nasty, yeh agreed it was a sloppy tackle.

From what I saw I don't think Eduardo will ever recover from that. It was a bad challenge but he was unfortunate as Eduardo's foot seemed to be dug into the turf.

Kurdt said:
From what I saw I don't think Eduardo will ever recover from that. It was a bad challenge but he was unfortunate as Eduardo's foot seemed to be dug into the turf.

I don't think so either, but maybe enough to play in a lower league. From some snapshots I saw it looked like his foot, if not for his skin, was completely detatched from his leg. :eek:

Greg Bernhardt said:
From some snapshots I saw it looked like his foot, if not for his skin, was completely detatched from his leg. :eek:

Yes really quite gruesome, and the reason I fear for his career.

His shin was at a right angle. I have this funny feeling that he will be back...I don't know why though =/

_Mayday_ said:
His shin was at a right angle. I have this funny feeling that he will be back...I don't know why though =/

Oh I think he'll be back also, but not for Arsenal. His quickness has been neutalized.

Did you watch the Carling Cup final? I really enjoyed the match. The final whistle was somewhat contraversial...