Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What happened to the Plane lands short of runway thread?

1. Jan 20, 2008 #1

Garth

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What happened to the " Plane lands short of runway" thread?

What happened to the " Plane lands short of runway" thread?

It was an interesting and ongoing discussion on the GD Forum and now it looks as if it has completely disappeared.

Did it just fall through the crack in the pavement (sidewalk)?

Garth

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2008 #2
    I asked the same thing. It got deleted.

Apparently, the discussion wasnt going to fly.

4. Jan 20, 2008 #3

Garth

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Then why not just lock it?

Actually, as the aircraft accident investigation gets under way the discussion would 'fly' as more facts came to light.

Can it not be reinstated?

Garth

5. Jan 20, 2008 #4
    Your going to land yourself some warning points if you keep this up. (Ok, thats enough bad puns from me, i've got to take off).

6. Jan 20, 2008 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The problem was the OP didn't include a citation to the source of the story, and until that person contacts a mentor with that information so we can properly credit the source (and ensure it's not a complete copy and paste of the full story rather than an excerpt of it), it violates copyright guidelines (it was left open pending a response, but I don't think the OP has been online to respond). When we hear from the OP regarding editing that post appropriately to avoid copyright violations, it will reappear. This is a fairly minor issue in terms of the thread and it was likely just an oversight on the part of the OP, which is why I'm publicly responding with the reason for its disappearance, but a fairly major concern for the site as a whole, which is why it is temporarily deleted.

7. Jan 20, 2008 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Problem has been resolved and that thread is reopened for anyone concerned.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?