What Happened to the Christmas Dove? A Tale of Survival and Compassion

• Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Christmas
In summary: So I took him home and he still hangs around. He's a pretty little bird and I'm glad he's still alive.
tribdog said:
Honestly though, how long until you stopped crying when you let the bird go? Its okay, you can tell us.

They were of course tears of joy. Not only had I successfully helped her to heal, I'd let her go home to her family. And without the help of the pigeon-911 people, who wanted to do the same thing. But after she was healed, they were going to put her into a pigeon shelter! I didn't re-contact them. I didn't want my Birdy living with a bunch of homeless, crack addicted, good for nothing pigeons. She was much to good for that. I could tell by her highly educated accent. I never once heard one coo out of her that sounded like pidgin pigeon.

And if you think that's bad, just be glad I only subjected the Sunday chat people to the following:

Birdie and I like to sit in the evening and listen to classical music. I even leave it on during the day when I go to work. My only concern is, that once I leave, the radio station will switch formats and start playing some of that raptor crap, and frighten my poor little birdie. :mad:

Physics news on Phys.org
I raised a baby Robin, Tweedy Bea Bird, she was very lovely. Tho its been some 20 years ago, I like to think her offspring come back to visit.

I've looked after some birds too, some time ago. That was a lovely story, thanks Om.