What I would like to discuss is, "who is the dreamer?"

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Suppaman
Messages
128
Reaction score
11
Consciousness. I do not see any specific places here dedicated to the mind so that I will ask my question here. As I sit here typing I am using my mind, and I can communicate by talking or writing, I am connected to the world. This morning I awoke from another dream. It was complicated, as real as the world is to me as I type. However, the places and thoughts and people in my dreams are not memories. I may have dreams (I usually have them every day) that occur in areas I have had in other dreams.

Who, I ask, is that dreamer? It seems to be communicating using images, not words. Very infrequently I will dream about a sound or a smell or a touch, and it is most often images. People say they can not remember their dreams. I remember a lot.

Is it possible that the human mind can use its resources to run a "Consciousness" program with one script for when I am awake and one when the "me" script is dormant? It is generally accepted that when describing a dream to anyone they are not interested. They often look for meaning in dreams. If I share a story I have written people do not look for "meaning," they want to be entertained.

What I would like to discuss is, "who is the dreamer?"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sevz
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Suppaman, I am sorry but this thread crosses into speculation and philosophy which we have rules against. We encourage threads topics with empirical evidence rather than relying on speculation and interpretation.

Topics about the biology of dreams is interesting and could be started in the biology forum but note, it must revolve around credible research.

Thanks!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman