What is a hard-point gas in terms of its Hamiltonian?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter dapias09
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Particle
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
dapias09
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

what do you understand by a hard-point gas?, I mean in terms of its hamiltonian.

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Let me know if this is incorrect but I think what you are asking is, what is the form of the hamiltonian of a hard-sphere system?

If so, is there something in this definition that is troublesome? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_spheres
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
Thank you Jorriss, yes I realized that the hard-point gas is the same than the hard-sphere gas but in one dimension.
 
dapias09 said:
Thank you Jorriss, yes I realized that the hard-point gas is the same than the hard-sphere gas but in one dimension.
Sure, but I am unclear on what you are wondering about.