What is a Saiyan? Discover the powerful race from Dragon Ball Z.

• Thread starter Kount Krapulon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the cartoon Dragon Ball Z and its plot, characters, and transformations. The main characters are a super-race of humans called Saiyans who possess special abilities such as flying, energy waves, and transforming into stronger forms. The conversation also touches on the tediousness of the show's plot and the upcoming live-action movie adaptation. The conversation also includes a discussion on the origins of the characters' names and their relationships.
Kount Krapulon
Overheard my cousins talking about it, and it made me really curious.

Physics news on Phys.org
its from a cartoon, Dragon Ball Z, basically a super-race of humans. of sorts. stronger, faster, and they can fly. that sort of thing.

hahaha.. good ole middle school days of DBZ

Wtf! You have 0 posts!
Lol, DBZ - you should watch an episode or something. I really hate the english version, I used to like DBZ when I read the comics but the TV show just sucks.

Oh yeah, General Discussion doesn't count posts :rofl:

franznietzsche said:
its from a cartoon, Dragon Ball Z, basically a super-race of humans. of sorts. stronger, faster, and they can fly. that sort of thing.

Not all of them can fly... :rolleyes:

Don't forget they can charge up energy, and usually find it from new mysterious sources, then they can concentrate it and use "energy waves" which are represented by flashing beams, which for some reason, don't desipitate.

Oh, and they have tails! And and and, in a full moon, they mysteriously gain tons of mass, and turn into big apes that either shoot energy or fire from their mouthes.

Oh, and when they want to help people and they "need" to, they have their hair turn gold, and become a super saiyan... which for some reason makes them a lot stronger, so they can fight bad guys!

Shh, I watched the entire series when I was a bit younger =x

Here's a summary: During a confrontation; the good guys - Gohan, Goku, Piccolo and company would throw every single fiber of their powers to the Saiyan (super alien race) and as the dust settles the Saiyans are always standing, laughing and wiping dust off their costumes. That's pretty much the entire saga in a nutshell :biggrin:

DOnt forget,few rare ones can turn into SuperSaiyans who have blonde-shiny golden hair,green eyes and lots of [power.
GO here to learn more:www.dragonballz.com
I love DBZ.
There were also couple of good GBA games made from the series.

hah, dbz was great, the characters would like die every season and be revived to fight another day against an even stronger enemy. i heard they are making it a live action movie soon. i guess its gona look like the end of matrix 3 when they are flying and fighting in the rain

The_Professional said:
Here's a summary: During a confrontation; the good guys - Gohan, Goku, Piccolo and company would throw every single fiber of their powers to the Saiyan (super alien race) and as the dust settles the Saiyans are always standing, laughing and wiping dust off their costumes. That's pretty much the entire saga in a nutshell :biggrin:

IN the old episodes of DBZ, PIccolo and Vegeta were awesome. You never knew who's side they were going to be on next. And PIccolo isn't a saiyan.

Oh, and the saiyans can lose their tails, and then they don't do the were-ape thing.

Is Gokul related to Goku?

Hey, you think Gokul is a super saiyan? :eek: :cool:

No, they're not superhumans, they are alien species from another planet. I used to be a DBZ maniac :devil: heehee!

They only morph into super-saiyans when they're incredibly mad (like the Hulk) there's even the super-saiyan 2 & super-saiyan 3. Basically, the characters and the enemies get stronger after every episode. Sometimes, the enemies can become the allies too. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Goku's real name is Kakarot .

Akihiro said:
No, they're not superhumans, they are alien species from another planet. I used to be a DBZ maniac :devil: heehee!

They only morph into super-saiyans when they're incredibly mad (like the Hulk) there's even the super-saiyan 2 & super-saiyan 3. Basically, the characters and the enemies get stronger after every episode. Sometimes, the enemies can become the allies too. :biggrin:

but thye look human. and marry humans. and have hakf human hakf saiyan babies

and have princes too. hehe, vegeta.

poolwin2001 said:
Goku's real name is Kakarot .
no, it's the name vegeta calls him (his nickname for him).

anyway in gt they become ss 4
so it really becomes tidious.

loop quantum gravity said:
no, it's the name vegeta calls him (his nickname for him).

anyway in gt they become ss 4
so it really becomes tidious.

Actually it was his birthname.

And "Saiyan" is actualy "Saiya-jin", which means Vegetable People
The original Saiyajin names are:
Kakorotto = Carrott
Vegeta = Vegetable
Brolli = Broccoli
Nappa = Cabbage
Raditz = Radish

Healey01 said:
Actually it was his birthname.

Kakorotto = Carrott
Vegeta = Vegetable
Brolli = Broccoli
Nappa = Cabbage
Raditz = Radish

Goku is definitely sexier than carrot. Definitely.

Healey01 said:
Kakorotto = Carrott
Vegeta = Vegetable
Brolli = Broccoli
Nappa = Cabbage
Raditz = Radish

And instrument names to the Nameks like Piccolo, Cymbal, Drum, etc.

I think the original DragonBall was a bit better than DBZ. Of course, they're all better than DBGT.

Chrono said:
And instrument names to the Nameks like Piccolo, Cymbal, Drum, etc.

I think the original DragonBall was a bit better than DBZ. Of course, they're all better than DBGT.

its hard to think of anything not better than DBGT...maybe prison rape...maybe...

Dragonball Z was the single most tedious cartoon I've ever experienced. I remember the time they did something rather silly to a planet, which gave them about 20 minutes to punch each other lots and run away before it exploded. 6 agonisingly drawn out 30 minute episides later, boom.

matthyaouw said:
Dragonball Z was the single most tedious cartoon I've ever experienced. I remember the time they did something rather silly to a planet, which gave them about 20 minutes to punch each other lots and run away before it exploded. 6 agonisingly drawn out 30 minute episides later, boom.

I think I know what you're talking about. When Goku fought Frieza on planet Namek and it took, like, ten episodes to do five minutes.

Aye, that's the one. The epitome of tedium.

The best thing about that, is when he turns into Super Saiyan.

franznietzsche said:
IN the old episodes of DBZ, PIccolo and Vegeta were awesome. You never knew who's side they were going to be on next. And PIccolo isn't a saiyan.

Oh, and the saiyans can lose their tails, and then they don't do the were-ape thing.

The old episodes were great. It was annoying at the same time since the good guys always gets their butt kicked no matter what. I haven't seen the new episodes are they as good?

The_Professional said:
The old episodes were great. It was annoying at the same time since the good guys always gets their butt kicked no matter what. I haven't seen the new episodes are they as good?

I like the last two seasons of the series, the Cell Games and the Buu Saga. The first season was probably best, though.

What is a Saiyan?

A Saiyan is a fictional humanoid race in the popular Japanese manga and anime series Dragon Ball Z. They are known for their incredible strength, speed, and ability to transform into more powerful forms.

Where do Saiyans come from?

Saiyans come from the planet Vegeta, which was destroyed by a powerful alien named Frieza. The remaining Saiyans, including the main character Goku, were sent to other planets to conquer them and sell them for profit.

What makes Saiyans so powerful?

Saiyans are naturally strong and have a unique ability to gain power through training and fighting. They also have a special ability called "zenkai," which allows them to become stronger after recovering from a near-death experience.

Can Saiyans use magic?

No, Saiyans do not possess any magical abilities. However, some Saiyans, like Goku, can learn techniques that may appear magical to others, such as the ability to fly or create energy blasts.

Are there female Saiyans?

Yes, there are female Saiyans. They are just as strong and skilled in combat as male Saiyans. Some notable female Saiyans in the series include Goku's wife, Chi-Chi, and their daughter, Pan.