Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is a Saiyan?

1. Jan 20, 2005 #1
    Overheard my cousins talking about it, and it made me really curious.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2005 #2
    its from a cartoon, Dragon Ball Z, basically a super-race of humans. of sorts. stronger, faster, and they can fly. that sort of thing.
  4. Jan 20, 2005 #3
    hahaha.. good ole middle school days of DBZ
  5. Jan 20, 2005 #4
    Wtf!! You have 0 posts!!
    Lol, DBZ - you should watch an episode or something. I really hate the english version, I used to like DBZ when I read the comics but the TV show just sucks.

Oh yeah, General Discussion doesn't count posts :rofl:
  6. Jan 20, 2005 #5
    Not all of them can fly... :rolleyes:

Don't forget they can charge up energy, and usually find it from new mysterious sources, then they can concentrate it and use "energy waves" which are represented by flashing beams, which for some reason, don't desipitate.

Oh, and they have tails! And and and, in a full moon, they mysteriously gain tons of mass, and turn into big apes that either shoot energy or fire from their mouthes.

Oh, and when they want to help people and they "need" to, they have their hair turn gold, and become a super saiyan... which for some reason makes them a lot stronger, so they can fight bad guys!

Shh, I watched the entire series when I was a bit younger =x
  7. Jan 20, 2005 #6
    Here's a summary: During a confrontation; the good guys - Gohan, Goku, Piccolo and company would throw every single fiber of their powers to the Saiyan (super alien race) and as the dust settles the Saiyans are always standing, laughing and wiping dust off their costumes. That's pretty much the entire saga in a nutshell :biggrin:
  8. Jan 21, 2005 #7
    DOnt forget,few rare ones can turn into SuperSaiyans who have blonde-shiny golden hair,green eyes and lots of [power.
    GO here to learn more:www.dragonballz.com
    I love DBZ.
    There were also couple of good GBA games made from the series.
  9. Jan 21, 2005 #8
    hah, dbz was great, the characters would like die every season and be revived to fight another day against an even stronger enemy. i heard they are making it a live action movie soon. i guess its gona look like the end of matrix 3 when they are flying and fighting in the rain
  10. Jan 21, 2005 #9

IN the old episodes of DBZ, PIccolo and Vegeta were awesome. You never knew who's side they were gonna be on next. And PIccolo isn't a saiyan.

Oh, and the saiyans can lose their tails, and then they don't do the were-ape thing.
  11. Jan 21, 2005 #10

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Is Gokul related to Goku?

Hey, you think Gokul is a super saiyan? :eek: :cool:
  12. Jan 21, 2005 #11
    No, they're not superhumans, they are alien species from another planet. I used to be a DBZ maniac :devil: heehee!

They only morph into super-saiyans when they're incredibly mad (like the Hulk) there's even the super-saiyan 2 & super-saiyan 3. Basically, the characters and the enemies get stronger after every episode. Sometimes, the enemies can become the allies too. :biggrin:
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  13. Jan 21, 2005 #12
    Goku's real name is Kakarot .
  14. Jan 21, 2005 #13

but thye look human. and marry humans. and have hakf human hakf saiyan babies

and have princes too. hehe, vegeta.
  15. Jan 21, 2005 #14
    no, it's the name vegeta calls him (his nickname for him).

anyway in gt they become ss 4 :surprised
    so it really becomes tidious.
  16. Jan 21, 2005 #15
    Actually it was his birthname.

And "Saiyan" is actualy "Saiya-jin", which means Vegetable People
    The original Saiyajin names are:
    Kakorotto = Carrott
    Vegeta = Vegetable
    Brolli = Broccoli
    Nappa = Cabbage
    Raditz = Radish
  17. Jan 21, 2005 #16

Goku is definitely sexier than carrot. Definitely.
  18. Jan 21, 2005 #17
    And instrument names to the Nameks like Piccolo, Cymbal, Drum, etc.

I think the original DragonBall was a bit better than DBZ. Of course, they're all better than DBGT.
  19. Jan 21, 2005 #18

its hard to think of anything not better than DBGT....maybe prison rape....maybe....
  20. Jan 22, 2005 #19

Gold Member

Dragonball Z was the single most tedious cartoon I've ever experienced. I remember the time they did something rather silly to a planet, which gave them about 20 minutes to punch each other lots and run away before it exploded. 6 agonisingly drawn out 30 minute episides later, boom.
  21. Jan 22, 2005 #20
    I think I know what you're talking about. When Goku fought Frieza on planet Namek and it took, like, ten episodes to do five minutes.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?