What Is Air Equilibrated Water? - ISO Standard Review

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ledger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Air Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
Ledger
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I was reviewing an ISO standard and a reference was made to "air equilibrated water."

Anyone know what it is? I'm guessing it's water left standing open that comes into equilibrium with the air around it, but I don't really know.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Ledger said:
I was reviewing an ISO standard and a reference was made to "air equilibrated water."

Anyone know what it is? I'm guessing it's water left standing open that comes into equilibrium with the air around it, but I don't really know.
I believe you guessed correctly. My curiosity piqued, I inquired of google. In this reference, researchers construct an elaborate system to produce it to order at various temperatures and salinities. http://faculty.washington.edu/emerson/links/Papers/HammeEmerson_DSR04.pdf
 
Wow. Elaborate system it was!

Thanks as I came up with nothing with my internet search.