What is an example of a well conditioned matrix with a small determinant?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chadpip
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Matrices
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
chadpip
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
this is more of a numerical analysis question..so I am not sure where to post it..(also put it up in the computers forum)


im wondering, I've seen examples of ill conditioned matrices with small determinants...but what would be an example of a well conditioned matrix with a very small determinant?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I've deleted your other posts and issued you a 1-point warning for posting multiple copies of the same question. Do no multiple-post. That is not allowed here on the Physics Forums (PF), or on any other forum system that I'm aware of. I'll leave this one thread here, since it seems like the best match so far for your question.
 
oh sorry! i must have overlooked that in the rules :(

but..the good news is i finally figured one out! so forget this question