What is an I55 beam and how does it compare to other common beam types?

  • Thread starter Thread starter George Zucas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Beam Dimensions
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
George Zucas
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
I was supposed to measure a beam at a far away worksite but after a series of unfortunate events, I wasn't able to. All I know at the moment is it is referred to as I55 beam. I searched for it using every combination of words I can think of but cannot find it. We normally don't use beam classified like this so I don't have any idea about this type.

Any help is appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Could they be talking about a wide flange "I-beam", I know there are W18x55 (18 inch deep, 55 lb/ft), W21x55, W24x55.

Not sure how else to help, sorry.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: George Zucas