What is ##G(2,1)## in the Sliders episode mentioning Yang-Mills?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Yang-mills
In summary, the conversation is about finding the episode in the TV show Sliders where they mention Yang-Mills. The conversation goes on to mention several episodes that could potentially be the one. The conversation also briefly mentions a website where scripts for the show can be found. Lastly, the conversation shifts to a different topic and asks for clarification on a mathematical concept seen in a video.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
Does someone know which episode from Sliders did they mention Yang-Mills?

I want to watch this episode for nostalgia sake.

If you want to move this post to other subforum then it's fine by me.

Cheers!

Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure and difficult to find. Perhaps S5/E2 "Applied Physics".
My second guess would be the pilot.
And then:
S3/E2 - Double Cross
S4/E17 - Data World
S5/E11 - Requiem
S5/E15 - To Catch a Slider
S5/E17 - Eye of the Storm
S5/E18 - The Seer

This would at least narrow it down to 10% (8 out of 87).

They might know: http://www.sliders.tv/bboard/

Last edited:
It wasn't in the pilot, but I do remember they talked about it in some episode.

I'll do a marathon of watching Sliders episodes after the exams period, thanks.

BTW, does someone know what is ##G(2,1)## in the following video?:

It looks like a right-hand Fourier transform of some function ##X##; mind you in the two courses in QFT that I took, reading Srednicki's from cover to cover and reading some of Peskin's I cannot remember seeing this integral.

Can someone remind me? or perhaps enlighten me.

BTW, the series started in 1995 the same year Peskin's book saw its first edition.

1. What are "Sliders on Yang-Mills"?

"Sliders on Yang-Mills" refers to a theoretical model in physics that describes the behavior of elementary particles. It is based on the Yang-Mills theory, which is a mathematical framework used to describe the interactions between particles.

2. What are the applications of Sliders on Yang-Mills?

Sliders on Yang-Mills has various applications in particle physics, particularly in understanding the behavior of subatomic particles and their interactions. It is also used in quantum field theory and has implications for the development of a unified theory of physics.

3. How are Sliders on Yang-Mills different from other theoretical models?

Sliders on Yang-Mills differs from other theoretical models in that it incorporates the concept of "sliders", which are variables that determine the strength of particle interactions. This allows for a more dynamic and accurate description of particle behavior.

4. What are the challenges in studying Sliders on Yang-Mills?

One of the main challenges in studying Sliders on Yang-Mills is the complexity of the mathematical equations involved. It requires a deep understanding of advanced mathematical concepts and techniques. Additionally, there is a lack of experimental data to validate the predictions of this model.

5. What are the potential implications of further research on Sliders on Yang-Mills?

Further research on Sliders on Yang-Mills could potentially lead to a better understanding of the fundamental laws of physics and the development of a unified theory that can explain all known physical phenomena. It could also have practical applications in fields such as energy production and information technology.