What is ##G(2,1)## in the Sliders episode mentioning Yang-Mills?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Yang-mills
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
4,662
Reaction score
372
Does someone know which episode from Sliders did they mention Yang-Mills?

I want to watch this episode for nostalgia sake.

If you want to move this post to other subforum then it's fine by me.

Cheers!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure and difficult to find. Perhaps S5/E2 "Applied Physics".
My second guess would be the pilot.
And then:
S3/E2 - Double Cross
S4/E17 - Data World
S5/E11 - Requiem
S5/E15 - To Catch a Slider
S5/E17 - Eye of the Storm
S5/E18 - The Seer

This would at least narrow it down to 10% (8 out of 87).

They might know: http://www.sliders.tv/bboard/
 
Last edited:
It wasn't in the pilot, but I do remember they talked about it in some episode.

I'll do a marathon of watching Sliders episodes after the exams period, thanks.
 
BTW, does someone know what is ##G(2,1)## in the following video?:


It looks like a right-hand Fourier transform of some function ##X##; mind you in the two courses in QFT that I took, reading Srednicki's from cover to cover and reading some of Peskin's I cannot remember seeing this integral.

Can someone remind me? or perhaps enlighten me.

BTW, the series started in 1995 the same year Peskin's book saw its first edition.