What is my chance of getting accepted to Princeton Plasma for PhD?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 3K views
emmalandefeld
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I got accepted to do a SULI at PPPL this summer. How much of an advantage is this for applying to the Plasma PhD at Princeton?
Here are some other relevant stats:
I did another summer REU researching experimental laboratory plasmas at a known plasma institution
3.98 GPA—- from a small R2 institution though
I do AMO research at my home university
 
Physics news on Phys.org
emmalandefeld said:
I got accepted to do a SULI at PPPL this summer. How much of an advantage is this for applying to the Plasma PhD at Princeton?
Here are some other relevant stats:
I did another summer REU researching experimental laboratory plasmas at a known plasma institution
3.98 GPA—- from a small R2 institution though
I do AMO research at my home university
My advice is to not pin all your hopes on one school. Develop a candidate list of schools with research programs of interest to you. Your chances at each school will vary with the number of openings and the pool of applicants for the particular year in which you apply.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: gwnorth and Choppy