1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is quantum computation about?

1. Sep 23, 2008 #1
    Hi,
    I'm new graduate student and I need to know what is the quantum computation about?
    My second question is the same as above for "particles physics".
    is anyone to help me?
    thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2008 #2

atyy

Science Advisor

4. Sep 23, 2008 #3

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The best book I've found about quantum computation is "Quantum Computer Science: An Introduction" by Mermin. This book does not discuss the design or engineering or operation of the physical apparatus used to perform quantum computation, but discusses the theory and algorithms of quantum computation better than any other resource I've ever found.

- Warren

5. Sep 24, 2008 #4
    thanks for your replies.I should determine my filed in graduate state and I want to know some things about quantum compution and elementary particles physics to make a best decision.Personally I intrested in univesal things which an describe universe.But which one can satisfy me?
    I'll be thankful if anyone can help me!
    thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?