What is the approximate focal length for a 10X telescope with a 20 cm length?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BuBbLeS01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Telescope Test
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
BuBbLeS01
Messages
602
Reaction score
0
Test TOMORROW PLEASE HELP ME! Telescope!

Homework Statement


I need serious help! I have a test tomorrow and I am having trouble with microscope/telescope questions...

A person is designing a 10X telescope is limited to a length of 20 cm, what is the approximate focal length of the objective?


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


M = 10X
L = 20 cm
Fo = ?

The equation I found for a telescope is M = -Fo/Fe and the rest of the equations involve theta which I don't have. And I don't have Fe?
 
Physics news on Phys.org