What is the atomic makeup of Hastelloy N?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mesa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Atomic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
mesa
Messages
694
Reaction score
36
I understand there are a few different types, but with no luck on Wikipedia or Google I still need the atomic makeup of these alloys.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Wiki gives mass percentages of components, these are easy to convert.
 
Borek said:
Wiki gives mass percentages of components, these are easy to convert.

I can't believe I missed that.

Okay adding the values for Hastelloy N I get Cobalt, Chromium, Molybdenum, Tungsten, Iron, Silicone, Manganese, and Carbon at a maximum of 32.38% by weight, does this mean at minimum the remainder is Nickel at 67.62% by weight?
 
Okay, well here it is, the * represents maximum values for that element:
Co*1.2Cr49.5Mo61.3W*1Fe*32.9Si*13.1Mn*5.37C*2.45Ni434.9

And for Hastelloy N alloyed with Cu, Ti, and Al:
Co*1.2Cr49.5Mo61.3W*1Fe*32.9Si*13.1Mn*5.37C*2.45Ni429.5(Al+Ti)*4.9Cu*2.02
 
www.haynesintl.com/pdf/h2052.pdf
There the amount of Ni in % is explicitly specified as maximally 71%.
 
Last edited by a moderator: