What is the best small and free tape calculator for Windows?

  • Thread starter Thread starter out of whack
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculator Windows
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
out of whack
Messages
436
Reaction score
0
I once had a neat substitute for the Windows calculator that had all sorts of scientific functions, units and scientific constants in a small footprint. That was years ago and now I can't find it right now. I thought it was Moffsoft, but I've just downloaded it again and that's not it. I see a few similarly small and handy ones that also provide a paper trail to keep track of my calculations; if you're like me, you like to know what you just did. These aren't full-fledged math packages, just quick-loading tools for common operations.

Calcute: neat/small (http://calcute.com)
ESBCalc: but not full expressions (http://esbconsult.com/esbcalc/esbcalc.htm)
Freecalc: but not full expressions (http://moffsoft.com/freecalc.htm)
SpeQ: also plots functions (http://www.speqmath.com)

I'm looking at alternatives in the same style. If you use another handy one that is free (because I'm cheap) and small (preferably portable) then post it. Maybe you know the one I'm talking about.

---

EDIT: Not 5 minutes after posting this I found the one I was talking about: AllerCalc. But I won't post a link because Firefox is warning me about dangerous downloads from their web site. I have no details of what it may be. Is anyone using it? Or does anyone know if it contains malware?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Firefox will warn you about downloading any executable from any website, I believe.

- Warren
 
My mistake: the warning is from the Yahoo search page. I get no warning using Google.