What is the connection between childhood dreams and imagination?

  • Thread starter ╔(σ_σ)╝
  • Start date
In summary: I love cats!In summary, Lisab dreamed of dolphins and Evo, which is probably a good thing. In addition, Mr. ~(O_O)~ posted a dolphin avatar and Lisab mentioned her kids are more like Sweet Potato's. Finally, Evo comes from the side and Abyssinian cats are gorgeous.

I dream of ...

  • Evo

    Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Evo

    Votes: 4 40.0%

  • Total voters
    10
  • #1
╔(σ_σ)╝
839
2
1.)
5755-1.png


Can't wait for summer. I can't wait to get my cycling gear and TT bike out.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
OK, I have dreams with Evo in them. We are usually running around with huge paddles swatting at all the little brats! I wonder what that dream means? :uhh:
 
  • #3
Evo and Lacy.

Wait. Wait.

Waaaaaait...


OK.
 
  • #4
I had a dream about a dolphin the other night. Then Lacy posted a dolphin avatar !
 
  • #5
Lacy33 said:
OK, I have dreams with Evo in them. We are usually running around with huge paddles swatting at all the little brats! I wonder what that dream means? :uhh:

I heard if you dream of swiming cows you will give birth to a tuber of yam. Not sure how accurate it is...
 
  • #6
╔(σ_σ)╝ said:
I heard if you dream of swiming cows you will give birth to a tuber of yam. Not sure how accurate it is...

Lisab, dreaming of dolphins can only be a good thing.

And regarding my kids, they are more like Sweet Potato's and they are twice your age
Mr. ~(O_O)~ ...(poster, "formally known as" Harry) :biggrin:
 
  • #7
Lacy33 said:
Lisab, dreaming of dolphins can only be a good thing.

And regarding my kids, they are more like Sweet Potato's and they are twice your age
Mr. ~(O_O)~ ...(poster, "formally known as" Harry) :biggrin:
You'll be surprised if you knew my age... [URL]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/moondo1ao2.gif[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #8
╔(σ_σ)╝ said:
You'll be surprised if you knew my age... [PLAIN]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/moondo1ao2.gif[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. They are your age.
I love that little MJ you have. But don't put it up because I will sit and watch it all night and I really should sleep since I will be expected to work in the morning.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #9
What does the bicycle have to do with Evo?
 
  • #10
The cervelo P4 she is called c e r v e l o.
lalalacj6yj0.gif
 
  • #11
Math Is Hard said:
What does the bicycle have to do with Evo?

I think he just wanted his own thread where he could do what ever he wanted and be ABSOLUTE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE! :cool:
Does that come with the Gold Membership? :rolleyes:
 
  • #12
I thought you were speaking of my phone, in which I do dream of, all too often.
 
  • #13
Yeah, this isn't about me, there is the new 4G Evo phone. The Compaq Evo computer.

The Evo. http://www.evo.co.uk/

The Mitsubishi Evo
The Evolution (or "Evo") is based on the Lancer compact sedan. The two cars don't have much in common, however. Whereas the regular Lancer is a perfectly adequate economy car that's easy to lose in a parking lot, the pumped-up, flared-fendered Evo is turbocharged, boisterous and ready to lay down rubber on a racetrack.

http://www.edmunds.com/mitsubishi/lancer-evolution/
 
  • #14
Don't forget the Evo cat food!

http://www.healthypetboutique.com/catalog/evo%20cat.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #15
it was a difficult choice, but i chose evo on top
 
  • #16
Proton Soup said:
it was a difficult choice, but i chose evo on top

Not sure what this OP is studying, but evo comes from the side.
 
  • #17
Evo said:
Yeah, this isn't about me, there is the new
4G Evo phone.
The Compaq Evo computer.
The Mitsubishi Evo

There's a restaurant too.
http://www.evorestaurant.com/home.html"
I dreamed about Evo. In this dream she went for a good half hour before breaking anything. Then the fingernail went. I was about to console her when my wife broke in and misinterpretted what we were doing. I have to admit it was an unusual way of taking care of a fingernail but still, she should be more trusting. Then I woke up and everything was fine except for the burnt toast.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #18
Jimmy Snyder said:
There's a restaurant too.
http://www.evorestaurant.com/home.html"
I dreamed about Evo. In this dream she went for a good half hour before breaking anything. Then the fingernail went. I was about to console her when my wife broke in and misinterpretted what we were doing. I have to admit it was an unusual way of taking care of a fingernail but still, she should be more trusting. Then I woke up and everything was fine except for the burnt toast.

High all Five Bro!
You walked that narrow bridge without flipping yourself off! :rofl:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #19
Math Is Hard said:
Don't forget the Evo cat food!

http://www.healthypetboutique.com/catalog/evo%20cat.JPG
Aahaha, that's my favorite!
 
  • #20
Evo said:
Aahaha, that's my favorite!

Probably doesn't mean you eat cat food. ... right? :confused:
But the cat on this bag is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Anyone know what kind it is?

And Evo did you vote yet?
:smile:
 
  • #21
Lacy33 said:
Probably doesn't mean you eat cat food. ... right? :confused:
But the cat on this bag is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. Anyone know what kind it is?

And Evo did you vote yet?
:smile:

I think it's an Abyssinian...

http://www.catfacts.org/abyssinian-cat-facts.htm

Gorgeous kitties :!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #22
I dream about

Evo.jpg
 
  • #23
lisab said:
I think it's an Abyssinian...

http://www.catfacts.org/abyssinian-cat-facts.htm

Gorgeous kitties :!)

Thank you. And is it just me or does this cat look part bunny, cat, bat and alien? Where is this cat from?
no... I can look it up. There is a cat that looks like the kind Egyptian pharaohs had. I wonder if this is it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #24
DaveC426913 said:
Evo and Lacy.

Wait. Wait.

Waaaaaait...


OK.

You know Dave, after seeing what this op was talking about your answer takes me back even 10 years, ok 30 years, when things were not so complicated.

What do you young people have to say now in the place of "Keep it stupid, simple?"
 
  • #25
My evo is the best.[URL]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/moondo1ao2.gif[/URL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #26
I once dreamt I was having a laughing fit! (And then I woke up and I was still smiling).
 
  • #27
Dr Lots-o'watts said:
I once dreamt I was having a laughing fit! (And then I woke up and I was still smiling).

I once dreamt the funniest joke in the entire world. It was so funny, I woke myself up laughing. Of course, you know just how much of that dream I retained upon waking...
 
  • #28
In my childhood, I would have this recurring dream that me and two other kids were riding a giant stork over a green cartoon forest. Then it would always stop at a big jar of grape jelly and start eating.

I blame it on the weird Shahastra books my father raised me on: Magical Rainbow Man, Missing Magical Energy, Crystal Goddess, etc mixed with Aesop's Fables I think...
 

1. What causes dreams?

Dreams are a complex phenomenon and the exact cause is not fully understood. However, it is believed that they are a combination of our thoughts, experiences, and emotions from the day, as well as our subconscious desires and fears.

2. Why do we sometimes remember our dreams and other times we don't?

The ability to remember dreams varies from person to person and can also depend on the stage of sleep we are in when we wake up. Dreams are most easily remembered during the REM (rapid eye movement) stage of sleep, which is when we experience the most vivid and intense dreams. If we wake up during this stage, we are more likely to remember our dreams.

3. Can dreams predict the future?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea that dreams can predict the future. Dreams are a product of our own thoughts and emotions, and while they may sometimes seem to have a connection to real-life events, it is likely just a coincidence.

4. Do dreams have any significance or meaning?

Some people believe that dreams have symbolic meanings and can offer insights into our subconscious thoughts and emotions. However, there is no scientific evidence to support this and it is still a topic of debate among scientists.

5. Can we control our dreams?

While we cannot control our dreams entirely, it is possible to influence them through techniques such as lucid dreaming. This is when a person becomes aware that they are dreaming and can sometimes control the content of their dream. However, this takes practice and is not easily achieved by everyone.

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
Replies
1
Views
514
  • General Discussion
Replies
29
Views
2K
Replies
1
Views
1K
  • General Discussion
2
Replies
35
Views
4K
Replies
17
Views
3K
  • General Discussion
2
Replies
65
Views
8K
Replies
7
Views
1K
  • STEM Academic Advising
Replies
4
Views
541
Replies
9
Views
893
Back
Top