What is the direction of the E field at point P due to the sphere?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Questions999
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Gauss Surface
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Questions999
Messages
151
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


an infinite plan,parallel to the yz plan which passes from x=2 meter, is charged equally with the σ= 2μC/m^2 .A sphere with a radius 0.8 meters has its center in the in x=1 m,y=0 and has ρ=-6μC/m^3.Find the value of the intensity of the electric field in the point x=1 m and y=0.5 m.



Homework Equations


the figure :
a7Hacah.jpg



The Attempt at a Solution


The E at P is = Eplane + Esphere
I find the E of plane =(-σ/2∈ )* i=-113kN/C * i
To find the E of sphere, I have to use the formula E=(4*pi/3)*k*r*ρ*rˆ... I have every known data,I just need to find the unit vector r or (rˆ)..how to find it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org