What Is the Evil Genius Theory in Descartes' Philosophy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paulo1913
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Genius Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 6K views
Paulo1913
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
What exactly is this? I know it has something to do about being decieved...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
well it was formulated by decartes in his meditations..
he just states that there may be some evil genius who is capable of creating or simulating a world in which he lives and is therefore not real at all. it's identical to his dream world

you could just go to'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_genius
and get all the info on it that you need :p
 
Descart also came to the conclusion it does not matter what the evil genius does to reality because reality to him is what he makes of it, and said his very famous phrase " I think therefore I am".