What is the final pressure of an adiabatically compressed gas in a container?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
de3tz
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


a container with air (M = 29 g/mol, treated as an ideal gas). In the container, we have 2.0 L of the gas with p1 = 1.0 atm at T1 = – 50C. The gas is compressed adiabatically to a final volume of 0.5 L. What is its final pressure?


Homework Equations


I am really not sure, as the moles are not given, and the only equation I have encountered for this problem involves moles.


The Attempt at a Solution


I attempted using ideal gas law, but since the process is adiabatic, the answer does not apply. I am truly confused.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you think you could find moles? I mean, you have Pressure, Volume, and Temperature.