What is the full form of TCC found in Dettol soaps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chound
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Form
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
chound
Messages
163
Reaction score
0
What is the full form of TCC found in Dettol soaps?
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
N-(4-chlorophenyl)-N'-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)urea

triclocarbanilide
 
chound said:
What is the full form of TCC found in Dettol soaps?
chound, this is ridiculous. Surely, you can use a search engine!
 
Its an old post that nobody bothered to answer. I answered because I was intrigued enough to find out for myself what Dettol soap was all about. I probably shouldn't have bothered but I thought that it would be of little practical (school) use to him/her by this time so I didn't feel like I was doing homework for someone.

And my Merck was right there on the shelf...

See here too...

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=154906