Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the hell is Interior draeminity?

1. Jul 14, 2010 #1
    what is the hell is Interior draeminity??

Hi, this is very strange and i have never heard about it, i either can't find any results in google search..
    so what is Interior draeminity??
    i have been asked this question in Geosciences workshop in my college kinda of 'testing you knowledge'
    '
    so if anyone plz has any clue about this..plz inform me as soon as possible

thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 14, 2010 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Re: what is the hell is Interior draeminity??

Are you sure you have the correct terminology?

4. Jul 15, 2010 #3

If it's not in http://en.gtk.fi/Geoinfo/Library/multhes.html [Broken], there is a fair change that the askers of the question have todays date wrong by roughly two and a half month.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  5. Jul 15, 2010 #4

yes iam sure of the terminology,..
    Andre, i also searched in geology dictionaries before coming here..but found nothing

I got the question exactly from the paper like this:
    - From your academic background, what does this word mean: "Interior draeminity"?

this is very strange!

6. Jul 15, 2010 #5

It could mean that your scholars have some sense of humor....

... interested to see what you would be doing if you could not find the answer to the question.

7. Jul 15, 2010 #6

mmmm this is really interesting Andre, i never though it that way lol!
    so should i answer this question by "there is no such geological terminology"?

8. Jul 15, 2010 #7

I'd say:

9. Jul 15, 2010 #8

Thanks Andre :) your help is highly appreciated..and thx Evo :)

10. Jul 28, 2010 #9

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

A Google search of the word draeminity came up with this http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...K2RAQ&usg=AFQjCNEnVH0RPQwYXvluOAXuEp0Fq6AIFg". If that's the workshop, there are some weird questions in there.

6- If you are currently working as petroleum engineer, would like to work as football player? Yes ( ) No ( )

7- If you are currently working as football player, would like to work as petroleum engineer? Yes ( ) No ( )

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  11. Jul 28, 2010 #10

Yes Borg.. thats it!!
    this is the application really i did..i know it is so stupid maybe the most stupid applications i have ever made in my life lol!

i hope it is not only about the football questions..it's about this stupid question asking about interior draeminity..
    weird lol..

12. Jul 28, 2010 #11

- I am smarter than you, and have much more experience than you. I claim that the following statement is totally true "There is a flightless bird called kiwi, and it can jump for more than 40 m". Is it True ( ) Not ( )

13. Aug 12, 2010 #12

Thanks for that pointer Borg!
    As I read the document, the frivolous questions either could be to filter out applications that are logically or scientifically illiterate, or attempt in bad faith to misrepresent their level of technical competence.
    Alternatively they might be sowing the seeds for some debunking during the workshop.
    Again alternatively, some disaffected person drafting the document might be cocking a snook at someone.
    It is of course, quite beyond the bounds of conception that the compiler of the document is himself sufficiently incompetent to imagine that such creative terminology would favourably impress anyone with the standard of the compiler's erudition.
    And a happy dream on a tee to all golfers who are reading this in the rear!
    Jon:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook