What is the Journey to Becoming a Theoretical Physics PhD Candidate Like?

In summary, the journey to becoming a theoretical physics PhD candidate is a rigorous and challenging process that requires a strong passion for the subject and a dedication to constantly learning and pushing the boundaries of knowledge. It involves completing a bachelor's degree in physics or a related field, excelling in coursework and research, and obtaining letters of recommendation from professors. Additionally, applicants must have a strong background in mathematics and computer programming, and must pass entrance exams and interviews. As a PhD candidate, students must then complete advanced coursework, pass comprehensive exams, and conduct original research to contribute to the field of theoretical physics. This journey requires determination, hard work, and a deep curiosity about the fundamental laws of the universe.
Paulpaulpa
How did you find PF?
Google
Hello guys,

I am a 22 years old french physics student. I am doing a master in Theoretical Physics and want to have a PHD. I love fundamental physics and this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. Because I am an idiot, I never really studied hard or listened during lecture so I have a lot of gap in my knowledge that I have to fill !

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Likes Paulpaulpa