marshmellow Messages 5 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Apr 4, 2011 #1 Though I know that the limit as x approaches 0 of x^x is 1, I can't prove it... ...can anyone please help me?
Though I know that the limit as x approaches 0 of x^x is 1, I can't prove it... ...can anyone please help me?
christopherV Messages 58 Reaction score 1 Apr 4, 2011 #2 hint: ask yourself what x to the 0 power is.
lurflurf Homework Helper Messages 2,459 Reaction score 159 Apr 4, 2011 #3 hint write x^x=exp(log(x)/(1/x))
JJacquelin Messages 801 Reaction score 35 Apr 4, 2011 #4 Hello marshmellow certainly you will succeed in proving that the limit for x^x is 1 while x tends to 0. But remember, this doesn't prove that 0^0 = 1 and most certainly not the uniqueness of 0^0 as limit of x^y while both x and y tend to 0.
Hello marshmellow certainly you will succeed in proving that the limit for x^x is 1 while x tends to 0. But remember, this doesn't prove that 0^0 = 1 and most certainly not the uniqueness of 0^0 as limit of x^y while both x and y tend to 0.
Bassalisk Messages 946 Reaction score 2 Apr 5, 2011 #5 http://pokit.etf.ba/get/e57018aced28181afefff3a8e5a3e402.jpg there you go, njoy Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
marshmellow Messages 5 Reaction score 0 Apr 6, 2011 #6 thank you very much, I'm actually quite disappointed i can't think that creatively
Bassalisk Messages 946 Reaction score 2 Apr 7, 2011 #7 I am first year electrical engineering, this is trivial for me, I have to know much more complicated things (: so don't be disappointed
I am first year electrical engineering, this is trivial for me, I have to know much more complicated things (: so don't be disappointed