What is the Linear Algebra course offered at BYU and should I take it?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 15K views
Mandanesss
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Have any of you heard of this online Linear Algebra course offered at BYU? Has anyone here taken it? I believe it's called Math 343 - Elementary Linear Algebra. I'm thinking about it taking it alongside my other classes next semester.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't heard of it but there is MIT's opencourseware linear algebra course in case you didn't want to formally take a distance ed course.

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Mathematics/18-06Spring-2005/VideoLectures/index.htm
 
I had a good experience with the book written by Gilbert Strang, the professor from MIT who has the Linear Algebra Open Courseware. We used his book in my Linear class it was good. I also found his lectures useful online