What is the Mechanism of a Slurry Pump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rohankapoor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mechanism Pump
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
rohankapoor
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi guys
I am working on a project which requires the transportation of microalgae. I was suggested to use slurry pump for the same.
however I wanted to know its mechanism of functioning before jumping on to its purchase. I was not ble to find a satifactory reaponse to my query. I would be thnkful if someone could post the link of its mechanism.
thanks in advance!
Rohan
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
rohankapoor said:
hi guys
I am working on a project which requires the transportation of microalgae. I was suggested to use slurry pump for the same.
however I wanted to know its mechanism of functioning before jumping on to its purchase. I was not ble to find a satifactory reaponse to my query. I would be thnkful if someone could post the link of its mechanism.
thanks in advance!
Rohan

Slurry pumps are typically centrifugal pumps. Here is some general info on them:

http://www.gouldspumps.com/cat_pf_0001.html


This may help in your selection:

http://www.gouldspumps.com/SlurrySolidsHandling.html

CS
 
Last edited by a moderator: