What is the mechanism that makes watches self-charge from wrist movement?

  • Thread starter Thread starter physior
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Kinetic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
physior
Messages
182
Reaction score
1
hello!

how is it called the mechanism that makes watches self-charged by the movements of the wrist?
where can I find more info about this?

thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
physior said:
hello!

how is it called the mechanism that makes watches self-charged by the movements of the wrist?
where can I find more info about this?

thanks!

Just Google the title of your thread.
 
but I am interested in the mechanism, the technology, not the actual watches
 
physior said:
but I am interested in the mechanism, the technology, not the actual watches

Google is quite flexible. Keep adding terms into the search window to narrow your search. When I searched just using your title words, I got plenty of hits about how they work.