What is the official name for a Field Series in mathematics/physics?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter carlsondesign
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculus Field Series
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
carlsondesign
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
What is the official name for a field series in mathematics/physics?
I've been working on developing infinitesimal recursion (what I call continuous hierarchy), but I ended up arriving at "field series" instead. My searches didn't seem to come up with anything reasonable (battlefield the video game series), so I'm wondering what the official name for a field series is. Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by field and what by series? Fields are certain rings, and related ones are sometimes a tower of fields or a sequence of fields in case they are contained in one another.