What is the Origin of the Word 'Hobby'?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hume
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 684 views
hume
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hi everyone. A novice here. I'm a software developer by profession. I don't have a science background but like to learn about physics as a hobby. Looking forward to reading the fora here. Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hume said:
Hi everyone. A novice here. I'm a software developer by profession. I don't have a science background but like to learn about physics as a hobby. Looking forward to reading the fora here. Thank you!
You found the right place! Enjoy PF. :smile:
 
hume said:
Hi everyone. A novice here. I'm a software developer by profession. I don't have a science background but like to learn about physics as a hobby. Looking forward to reading the fora here. Thank you!
Welcome to the forum. I learned a new word today. Thanks.
 
phinds said:
I learned a new word today.
Here I was assuming all along that you HAD taken Latin.o:)