What is the output for my simple surveying calculations?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter kiteboy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
kiteboy
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Hi hope somebody can help

Have some simple calculations to do for surveying (see attachment) but not sure what the output is I am getting

Its not homework its practice really ...the formulas are given so its really just a matter of figuring out what the output is I guess not sure

Been 20 years since I've done maths anywhere near this so forgive me if this is simple for everyone

Trying to figure out the tension calculation for example

I do the following in calculator (65-50) x 28.134/1.905X2.07x10^11

The answer I get is

1.070181445X10^-9

But I have no idea what that means I am guessing its 1.07mm? Or have I done it all wrong
Can anybody help?
 
Attachments
  • surveycalcs.jpg
    surveycalcs.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 531
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I think I may have figured it out for tension at least

Should have put 28134 rather than 28.134 so that does come out as 1.07 mm

I THINK :)