1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the particle's position at that time?

1. Sep 16, 2007 #1
    a)particle's acceleration is described by the function ax=(30.0-33.0t) m/s2, where t is in seconds. Its initial conditions are xo=0.00 m and vox=0.00 m/s at t=0.00 s. At what time is the velocity zero again?
    b)What is the particle's position at that time?

a)the velocity-versus-time graph is shown for a particle moving along the x-axis. Its initial position is xo=1.40 m at to=0.00 s. What is the particle's position at t=1.50 s if the total time the particle moves is 6.00 s and the maximum velocity is 6.00 m/s?
    b)At t=1.50 s, what is the particle's velocity?
    c)At t=1.50 s, what is the particle's acceleration?
    d)At t=4.50 s, what is the particle's position?
    e)At t=4.50 s, what is the particle's acceleration?

The height of a helicopter above the ground is given by h = 2.65t3 , where h is in meters and t is in seconds. After 1.85 s, the helicopter releases a small mailbag. How long after its release does the mailbag reach the ground?

A car accelerates at 2.25 m/s2 along a straight road. It passes two marks that are 25.1 m apart at times t=4.00 s and t=4.90 s. What was the car's velocity at t=0?

a)A parachustist jumps from an airplane and freely falls y=45.2 m before opening his parachute. Thereafter, he decelerates at a=1.97 m/s2. As he reaches the ground, his speed is 3.22 m/s. How long was the parachutist in the air?
    b) At what height did the parachutist jump from his plane?

A very silly person, intent on catching pigeons on the roof of an apartment building, trips and falls a distance of 45.7 m. She lands on a metal garbage can, crushing it to a depth of 0.463 m and walks away without having been seriously hurt. What acceleration did she experience during the collision?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2007 #2
    please me me on as much as possible =) i will greatly appreciate it!

4. Sep 16, 2007 #3

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

You need to show some work before we can help. We're not here to do your homework for you! So, what thoughts do you have?

5. Sep 16, 2007 #4
    like these are the question i dont even know how to approach.. can you atleast give me hints or something and i work my way through them?

6. Sep 16, 2007 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

For 1, use the fact that a=dv/dt. You have initial conditions, so should be able to solve the problem.

You still need to show effort before you get any help-- forum rules!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?