What is the physical meaning of concurence (quantum information)?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
Arquimedes
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello, I am currently studying about entanglement on spin-1/2 chains and I was able to find some information about the mathematical point of view of concurrence but I can't understand the physical meaning of it . Can somebody help me, please?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Concurrence is a measure of entanglement between two qubits, or two spin-1/2 particles. It measures the degree of correlation between the two particles and is defined using the density matrix of the two-qubit system. When two qubits are in a maximally entangled state, the concurrence is 1, and when there is no entanglement between them, the concurrence is 0. Physically, this means that when the concurrence is high, the two qubits are more likely to be found in the same quantum state, while when it is low, they are more likely to be found in different states.