What is the physical unit for teleport?

In summary, the conversation discusses the physical unit for teleportation and whether it is accessible or not. The equation for teleportation is s/0,1!, which represents infinity. It is described as scanning and rebuilding an object at a different location, and two relevant metrics are bandwidth and latency. The thread is then closed for moderation.
vlemon265
We use ms-1 for unit of speed.
But what is the physical unit for teleporting a mass to a distance L? Is it also [L]/[time]?
But it seems it does not take time for teleport.

I am seeking help. Thanks very much.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, for teleportation v=0,1!(which is infinity) so the equation would be s/0,1! which is 0,1! . If you are confused by the 0,1! , note that the facuilty of 0,1 is infinty so I chose it to represent infinity becuase I don't have the infinity sign on my desktop.Yet thinking about it in detail, teleportation is nothing but scanning a bodys molekular and nuclear structure, destroying the body and building it up again at a different device or point. s=L

Last edited:
So it doesn't matter what L is even if it is infinity it still is irelavent becuase infinity/infinity=infinity

moriheru said:
Yes, for teleportation v=0,1!(which is infinity) so the equation would be s/0,1! which is 0,1! . If you are confused by the 0,1! , note that the facuilty of 0,1 is infinty so I chose it to represent infinity becuase I don't have the infinity sign on my desktop.Yet thinking about it in detail, teleportation is nothing but scanning a bodys molekular and nuclear structure, destroying the body and building it up again at a different device or point.
Thank You for your help.
But I still concern about what the "physical unit" is for this, whether it is accessible or not.

Is this 'Physics'?
I wonder.

Do you mean something like miles or kilometers or meters or centimeters per second mintue or hour?

If we accept that "teleportation" is described as scanning an object here and reconstructing it there then two relevant metrics would be bandwidth and latency; bits per second and seconds.

Thread closed for Moderation...

EDIT: this thread will remain closed. If you wish to ask about the velocity of a particle undergoing quantum tunneling, then you may open a new thread in the QM forum. But in classical physics there is no such thing as teleportation.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the physical unit for teleport?

The physical unit for teleport is not yet known or proven to exist. Teleportation is a theoretical concept and has not been successfully achieved in reality.

2. Can teleportation be measured in a physical unit?

Currently, there is no known way to measure teleportation in a physical unit. It is still a topic of scientific research and discovery.

3. Is there a specific distance or measurement associated with teleportation?

No, there is no specific distance or measurement associated with teleportation as it is not yet a scientifically proven phenomenon.

4. Are there any scientific theories or concepts that suggest a physical unit for teleportation?

Some theories, such as quantum entanglement, suggest that information can be instantaneously transmitted over large distances. However, this is still a debated topic and has not been fully proven or applied to teleportation.

5. Is there any current research or experiments being conducted to determine the physical unit for teleportation?

Yes, there is ongoing research and experiments being conducted in the field of quantum mechanics and physics to better understand the concept of teleportation and potentially determine a physical unit for it.