Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I What is the reason behind uncertainty principle?

1. Jul 13, 2016 #1
    Heisenberg's uncertainty principle:
    due to experimental limitations or dual nature of matter? Or both?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2016 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I don't know what "dual nature of matter" means, but the HUP is a fact of nature, not a measurement limitation. There are approximately 8,000 threads on this forum explaining that. My point is that for fundamental questions like that a forum search is a good idea before you start yet another thread.

4. Jul 13, 2016 #3
    By dual nature I meant wave-particle duality.

5. Jul 13, 2016 #4

Nugatory

Staff: Mentor

Neither.
    There are many many threads here, including this recent one in which you are already posting: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/uncertainty-principle-intent-behind-it.878026/

Start reading it from the beginning; you'll find the explanation for why thI'm saying "Neither" around #4. (Although #3 is also a good starting point).

I'm closing this thread because it is redundant - you can read some of the existing threads on the subject and you'll likely find answers to most of your questions. If after doing that something is still not clear, then by all means post up some more questions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook