What is the Role of DFT in Semiconductor Research?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8 replies · 857 views
Anjy-Joe
How did you find PF?
google search
I've found channels like this very helpful in the course of my PhD program. I use DFT to study various materials; primarily semiconductors for technological applications. I'm excited to now be a part of PF and I look forward to being a part of the discussion.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and fresh_42
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF; it's good to have you here. :smile:

Anjy-Joe said:
I use DFT to study various materials; primarily semiconductors for technological applications.
Can you say briefly how you use the Digital Fourier Transform to study materials like semiconductors? It sounds interesting, but I'm having trouble visualizing it. Thanks.
 
berkeman said:
Welcome to PF; it's good to have you here. :smile:Can you say briefly how you use the Digital Fourier Transform to study materials like semiconductors? It sounds interesting, but I'm having trouble visualizing it. Thanks.
I am guessing he uses Density Functional Theory.
 
I checked AcronymFinder, and it looks like there are lots of possible matches. I guess we'll need to wait for @Anjy-Joe to swing back by to clarify... :smile:

1695767058392.png

(and many more...) https://www.acronymfinder.com/DFT.html
 
Frabjous said:
I am guessing he uses Density Functional Theory.
I read it as discrete Fourier transformation which I know from cryptography so I'm excited to read the answer to @berkeman 's question.