What is the size of Norway's sovereign wealth fund?
- Thread starter arildno
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
17 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
arildno said:We now have some 554 billion USD to spend over here!![]()
May I borrow $10 for a new bag of cat food? Lucy will pay you back with enough hair to knit sweaters for your entire family.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
Danger said:May I borrow $10 for a new bag of cat food? Lucy will pay you back with enough hair to knit sweaters for your entire family.
I'm sorry, it's a matter of principle:
We cannot afford frivolous, extravagant spending on non-humans lacking Norwegian citizenship.
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Check her birth certificate before responding so glibly. "Lucifer T. Cat" was born in Oslo in 1998. She is now a Canadian citizen because I legally adopted her.arildno said:I'm sorry, it's a matter of principle:
We cannot afford frivolous, extravagant spending on non-humans lacking Norwegian citizenship.
(And as much as I hate to say it, she's much more intelligent than a lot of humans that I know.)
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
Danger said:Check her birth certificate before responding so glibly. "Lucifer T. Cat" was born in Oslo in 1998. She is now a Canadian citizen because I legally adopted her.
(And as much as I hate to say it, she's much more intelligent than a lot of humans that I know.)
Apply for benefits on your own&Lucy's risk.
We have a whale-fear state, and cats aren't too safe here, either..
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
arildno said:We have a whale-fear state, and cats aren't too safe here, either..
Lucy was adopted into the half-Scottish household of me. Despite being fluffy and pure white, she knows exactly how to not look like a sheep. Also, I do not clip her claws, which can shred titanium. Her safety is not an issue.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
Danger said:Lucy was adopted into the half-Scottish household of me. Despite being fluffy and pure white, she knows exactly how to not look like a sheep. Also, I do not clip her claws, which can shred titanium. Her safety is not an issue.
She hasn't met lemmings, yet..
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
arildno said:The Norwegian Oil Fund has just passed the Abu Dhabi Investment Agency in being the largest single fund on this planet.
We now have some 554 billion USD to spend over here!![]()
So I'm guessing that Norwegians aren't generally big on alternative energy options; or big fans of AGCC [global warming] inspired regulations?
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
Oh, sure!Ivan Seeking said:So I'm guessing that Norwegians aren't generally big on alternative energy options;
Most of Norway itself goes on clean waterfall-derived energy.
Quite the contrary!or big fans of AGCC [global warming] inspired regulations?
We are eager to tap into our natural gas reservoirs that are an order or so bigger than our oil reservoirs.
And, natural gas is SO much cleaner than oil, everyone should try it!

Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
arildno said:And, natural gas is SO much cleaner than oil, everyone should try it!![]()
You wouldn't say that if you ever had to share a cab with me.
arildno said:She hasn't met lemmings, yet..
There are some bones in her litter box that would argue to the contrary.
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Borek said:Yep. My rule of thumb during last year's trip was if I couldn't see a waterfall, that meant we were back in Sweden.
I know what it says on your birth certificate, but you must be an honourary Norweed. You folk and Brits have subtle humour nailed to the wall.
Last edited:
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Borek said:It wasn't stolen![]()
What... you just ate it and forgot to pay on the way out?
Mentor
- 29,213
- 4,643
Danger said:What... you just ate it and forgot to pay on the way out?
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=2820318#post2820318
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Ahhhh...
Thanks, Borek.
