What is the SMD challenge misery edition?

• Thread starter Borek
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Leds
Borek
Mentor
@berkeman - remember the guy who asked about replacing 0603? Quite accidentally I just found something called "SMD challenge misery edition" (there are several versions, TBH I have no idea which one was first so I just grabbed the best picture I could find).

Yes, the idea is to hand solder the IC (which seems to be the simplest part), LEDs and resistors. Hot air will easily blow the smallest elements away.

Actually up to now I even didn't know 01005 exist :oops: (and yes, I know they are for machine production).

1701087105373.png

• Wow
Likes DennisN and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
This one is shifted up and starts at 1206.
1701087598599.png

Likes DennisN

What is the SMD Challenge Misery Edition?

The SMD Challenge Misery Edition is an extreme version of a challenge or game, typically involving tasks or scenarios that are significantly more difficult or unpleasant than the standard versions. The specifics can vary widely depending on the context in which it is used, whether in gaming, social media challenges, or other areas.

What is the purpose of the SMD Challenge Misery Edition?

The purpose of the SMD Challenge Misery Edition is often to test the limits of participants, providing a tougher experience that demands greater skill, endurance, or tolerance. It is also used for entertainment, where the heightened difficulty can lead to more dramatic outcomes or more intense viewer engagement.

How did the SMD Challenge Misery Edition originate?

The origin of the SMD Challenge Misery Edition can vary, but it generally stems from communities or creators looking to add a twist to existing challenges or games. It often evolves from the culture of one-upmanship and pushing boundaries that is prevalent in many competitive or entertainment-focused communities.

What are some examples of tasks in the SMD Challenge Misery Edition?

Examples of tasks in the SMD Challenge Misery Edition can include extremely difficult video game levels designed to be nearly impossible, or real-world challenges that involve uncomfortable or strenuous activities. The tasks are designed to be more punishing or demanding than those in standard challenges.

Is the SMD Challenge Misery Edition safe to participate in?

Participation in the SMD Challenge Misery Edition can be safe, but it largely depends on the nature of the tasks involved. Participants should always consider their own limits and the potential risks. It is important to ensure that all activities are conducted in a safe and controlled environment, especially if the challenges involve physical tasks.