What is this and how do I read it?

• Thread starter xilc
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person who is new to chemistry/biology and is seeking help in understanding a molecule diagram they found online. They ask for tips on reading it and for a tutorial. Another person responds with a link to a tutorial on drawing and reading molecule diagrams. The original person expresses their frustration with not being able to delete their previous thread and the tutorial is offered as a resource for any further questions.
xilc
What is this and how do I read it??

Seriously, no trolling at all.. I'm a new chemistry/bio student and I saw this...

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/tofu/babb/molecule2.gif

what is that called and how do I learn to read one? Any tips on reading it ? tutorial maybe?

Chemistry news on Phys.org

DaveC426913 said:

I visited the link, but that's the thing... I don't know how to read that at all lol... I don't want the answer as to what the chemical or molecule is, I want to know how people read it or make one themselves lol

omg.. how do I delete a thread now lol.. they moved it as i made a new one and tried to delete the old one... :(

1. What is the purpose of this text/information?

The purpose of this text or information is to convey a specific message or provide knowledge about a particular subject. It could be anything from instructions, data, or a narrative. It is important to understand the purpose of the text in order to read and interpret it correctly.

2. How do I read this text/information?

Reading a text or information involves understanding the language and structure of the text. Start by scanning the text to get a general idea of what it is about. Then, read it carefully and try to identify the main points and their supporting details. You can also break down the text into smaller sections to make it easier to comprehend.

3. What is the best approach to understanding this text/information?

The best approach to understanding a text or information varies depending on the type of text and your personal learning style. Some common techniques include reading the text multiple times, taking notes, summarizing the main points, and asking questions. It may also be helpful to look up unfamiliar words or concepts and use outside sources for further clarification.

4. How can I improve my reading comprehension skills?

Improving reading comprehension skills takes practice and patience. Some helpful tips include setting a purpose for reading, previewing the text before reading, actively engaging with the text by asking questions and making connections, and summarizing the main points after reading. It is also important to build a strong vocabulary and to read a variety of texts on different subjects.

5. What should I do if I am having trouble understanding this text/information?

If you are having trouble understanding a text or information, try using different reading strategies such as reading aloud, re-reading, or breaking down the text into smaller sections. You can also ask for help from a teacher, tutor, or someone who is knowledgeable about the subject. It may also be beneficial to take a break and come back to the text with a fresh mind.